I have written about LinkedIn before. Let’s freshen up your memory. What is LinkedIn? LinkedIn is a company and a branch of social media. But it is not like any other social media. It is focused on one group of people. LinkedIn is used mostly by professionals and is geared to the career driven individuals or companies. Honestly, you do not have to be a professional owner to use it.
You can be a freelancer or a graduate student and still use Linkedln. LinkedIn is a free site; however, you can upgrade it to the pro verison of it for a certain payment. It operates through mobiles and website. There is also an app available. It was founded in December 2002.
Linkedln has more than 106 million active accounts. The site is available in 24 four languages. It is used mainly for seeking the wanted job. It is like a manhunt; but in this case, you are hunting a job. But LinkedIn is more more than job hunting it is a site that is full of business opportunities. You can create your account and upload your achievements or CV. You present the best version of yourself to the potential employers. Linkedln is a great way to promote your business.
On Linkedln are over 65 million of professionals and businesses. You should explore the platform first. Do not dive in without knowing the depth of water. LinkedIn describes its platform as the working world in one place. This is true. On LinkedIn are many professionals and business offers. This is a right social platform if you want to want to start business or shared the word around. This is cited from my other article. (LinkedIn 12). Today I will write about tips that will help you to establish and build your personal brand.
1. Professional Photo. To make your profile on LinkedIn look more professional, go get your photo taken by a professional. Your profile will visited more often if you have a professional picture of you. This is the best investment you can make for your LinkedIn account.
2. Summary. You should craft an unique and attractive headline. Your headline on LinkedIn created the first impression for you and it also helps you with your search engine. In your headline, you should be specific about who you are and what you do. Do not forget about relevant keywords. Choose them wisely.
3. Recommendation. List important recommendations you have If you do not have them think of people you have worked with and who can give you a good recommendation. Make your request to the company in person or via e-mail.
4. Optimization. SEO is important part of your profile on LinkedIn. Let’s take a look what SEO is. . SEO is about making your site online friendly. It means that you want to work toward more visibility on Google. You want to reach first and the highest place on Google? SEO will help you with that. SEO works as a help to you to make you understand how search engines work. Most importantly, your site has to be structured in a certain way for the search engine to rank it in the higher position. However, SEO is not only about that. It is about making your site as user friendly as it can get. This is cited from one of my previous posts. You can check it out here. SEO
5. Connections. Use every connection that you can think of. Engage in groups with people and let them know that you exist. Choose your virtual handshake well – a professional profile photo.
Establishing your personal brand can be a tough decision, however, LinkedIn can help you in the process. LinkedIn is one the leading social platforms that is connected to professionalism and business. You just have to keep in mind that you have to keep your profile as good and as completed as you can. This will attract business partners, potential clients and so on. Soon you will see that all the hard work that you have put into LinkedIn account has paid off. LinkedIn will only help you in establishing your business and company.
You have to reach your full potential. If you put yourself out there in the world of LinkedIn, you will get noticed faster. Your account may take some work and some time, but when you finished it, you will not have to worry about it anymore. You will just have to update your finished projects and so on. I hope that you learnt something about LinkedIn and that you have already created your account. I do not know what are you waiting if you still have not put yourself out there.
I hope that my series about LinkedIn changed your mind and that you are looking at this social platform that is aimed towards profession with different perspective. Now you see that many professionals use it and that LinkedIn is really a sea full of opportunities. You just have to put yourself out there. I hope that you all have created your accounts and that I helped you with that.
I would be extremely happy if I saw some of your comments or if you had any problems with your account. You can leave your comment down below. You are always welcomed on reading my other posts too. LinkedIn is nd will be a very powerful tool in the field of online marketing.