1. SUBJECT LINE is everything! In one line you need to catch people’s attention and »convince« them to go forward and read more. You need to use something that includes some kind of a shock factor, maybe something funny or just a clear and simple statement. In every case you need to stand out;
2. USE THE RECIPIENT’S NAME in the opening. It makes a person feel better for seeing someone actually paid attention to write down their name and it creates a feeling that the mail was written to one person alone;
3. RIGHT TIMING is one of the most important things in marketing. Check when do the messages have the highest open rates or test by yourself! Once you have the schledule it makes everything so much easier.
4. MOBILE DEVICE MESSAGE FORMAT is a life-changer! Since people use their mobile devices so much these days also most of them check their e-mails using their smartphone. So you need to have this in mind when you are writing a message. Don’t forget about the subject line!
5. MAKE YOUR SIGN-UP PROCESS ATTRACTIVE so people will join your e-mail list without worrying they will get your messages too often and about irrelevant things. Tell them right from the beginning what they can expect and what is the value of signing up. And, please, try not to be too intrusive- people usually hate it!