Email marketing is very effective strategy to promote your business. Email marketing is fast and reliable. Once you have established a base of your loyal customers, your sales will increase. Email marketing was overlooked for several reasons. People find it time-consuming and outdated, however, I disagree with this statement. You can have an email that looks great, but visuals will not replace the well-written content. Today we will learn how to write a compelling marketing email that will get your customers going.
- How to write a subject line. Part of writing an effective marketing email is writing an effective subject line. You have to gain your readers’ attention. Interesting subject line will get your email read. This is the most important thing that an email can do for you. Some sort of personal contact with the recipient will behove you greatly, but do not overdo it. Try to maintain a balance between these two concepts.
- Use actionable language. This does not necessarily mean that you should be using verbs, but the use of them will certainly help. Use verbs in your subject line. This way your reader will know what he will be able to do with the help of an email. Play around with wording and attract your customers to read your emails.
- Personalize when possible. Always personalize while possible. Make your customers feel wanted. Establish a close relationship with them. Never send emails with the same subject line. Try to start on a positive note and establish a semi-professional relationship. You don’t need to be too formal when occasion does not demand it explicitly. Try to include images in your email that are relevant to your subjects and that can establish a quick bonding opportunities. These will remove the formality of the email, but, again, do not overdo it as too much image related content is not desirable.
- Catchiness and clickbait. Your emails should come across as catchy and clickbait. What does clickbait mean? It means that the subject line is designated to attract customers. Your main intention is for your emails to get read. Even though, you are creating catchy and clickbait emails, you should always take care of clarity. You should always show your intention. Be straightforward to your customers, because they will appreciate it.
- Relevancy. You should never mislead your customers. Always write about relevant information and always check twice. You should be careful about which information is relevant and fresh. You do not want for your customers that they would read about old information. You want to provide the newest and the freshest info possible.
- Write in second person. Use pronoun you. This way your customers will feel included. If you feel included in the larger picture, you will be more willing to buy something. If you get an email that 87% of people are using a certain product. You start to ask yourselves why are you not using this certain product. Writing in second person will also help to orient content toward the public and not you.
- Talk about benefits. Never mention what you are going to get out of this deal. You should only talk about benefits for your customers. Explain what are you offering and what will your customers benefit from it. Explain that your partnership with the recipient will be beneficial not just for him, but for everyone else. Paint him or her a bigger picture, if you can. Benefits should always be customer related as it is usually clear, which benefits you will gain from a certain deal. You have to attract the recipient with a deal that is too good not to be refused and overlooked. Talk about how benefits you will give him can expand his or hers business and that you are an essential component in it. However, do not be too straightforward in revealing everything at the beginning. Only let on the most important benefits he or she will gain from this partnership. Be subtle, but also be persuasive when talking about benefits.
- Be brief. Do not go on and on. It is known that people just do not have a long attention span. Do not share every story with your customer, get your point across. Find a way to summarize what your point is and summarize it in a compelling way. Be as subtle as possible, but as creative as you can be. If you can persuade in only a few sentences that’s excellent.
Email marketing is a way to go. Many believe that it is outdated, but I disagree. Email marketing can take you far. It is only way of marketing that you have one on one relationship with a customer. Email marketing is an essential tool in the pocket of every marketer. This is the best bet for your business to grow. For every 1 dollar, email marketing generates 38 dollars. That is quite nice, do not you think?
Today the motto of marketers is: less is more. You can see by now that marketers can do a lot without much money. They are good at gaining money. You may think that social media is visited by the masses. You are not wrong, but email is frequently used. It has 4.9 billion of users. That is huge number. You need your email address for almost any service. You even need an email address to create a Facebook account.