Do you read all of your emails or do you skip some? Why do you skip them? Do you consider them as useless or as spam material. I hate spam too. Have your ever used emails for marketing purposes. Did you ever knew how effective this can be? We consider emails as a part of everyday life.
They are more popular than ordinary post. Soon we will even pay our bills via email. Email is fast and reliable. You can check if it got lost and you can check it every now and then to see if you got a reply from other party. Emails are timesaving and efficient. They can be a great marketing strategy. Let’s take a look at best tips for email marketing.
- Short titles. Do not come across as a spammer. Keep the title short and neat. Say the most important thing in your title. You should get your reader’s attention with your title. Leave it simple, do not use any fancy word, because many people will not understand it. Do not put exclamation marks in your email titles, because this will come across as yelling.
- Proofread. Always check everything twice. Make it your habit. People of the internet can be a true grammar Nazis, they see every mistake you make and they will get easily repelled by your grammar. Proofread the marketing intended emails. This way you will come across as professional and you will get your point across. Always check for typos.
- Coupons. What do we like more than receiving free things from someone. It is important that you let your customers know about sales and it is more important that you also offer them free coupons in your emails. You can also offer them free promo code. Your customers will appreciate it.
- Welcome mail. Everyone wants to feel included. Send your customers a welcome mail. They will see that you care and they will appreciate your effort that you are trying to connect with them. Sending a welcome mail is a way of expressing your loyalty to your subscribers.
- Make it scannable. We all receive a lot of emails, but how many of them do we actually read. Nowadays it is hard to keep track of the emails that come getting and getting in. Most people just glance through the mails. That way it is important that you divide your mail in the shorter paragraphs. It is also important that you put some titles in the bold and others that are not so important in the plain text. Also include images. They make text more interesting.
- Keep everything organized. It is very hard to lose the track of what have you sent and what you still have to do. Organization is the key. Buy yourself a planer and organize your work. This way you will be more successful. You will not wait till the last day with your work. You do not even have to buy a planner, you can use an app. If you forget things easily, there is a great app for you. It is called Sticky Notes.
- Test. Make sure that all of your emails will get send and read. Different devices and platforms show emails differently. Some of them are not optimized for mobile phones. You have make your emails work on every platform and everywhere. You have test everything. Without testing you will not come far.
Email marketing is actually one the cheapest ways of marketing and I do not mean that this is a bad thing. Email is a part of our lives. It can be used for connecting with others or for business purposes, but it can be also used as an effective tool in the field of online marketing.
Email marketing can be a big responsibility too. Sometimes people just will not give you their email address. You have to have a trusting relationship, so that they will trust to you and they will feel comfortable enough to share their email with you. If you are a user of Google+ you can collect your database of email over there. This is great if you are looking for new target audience.
You sent the emails around and you watch who will be interested in your offer. You have to have a clear and smart strategy if you want to succeed in the field on email marketing. You just cannot sent emails and that is it. You have to work hard for the results.
When you are sending emails it is like you are in someones’s home. You should always be respectful and well behaved.
You must not come across as pushy, rude or insulting. If people are not interested in your offer, do not lose your temper. Just move on. What is the worst thing that you can do in the email marketing? You put on an autoresponder. Do not do that. This way people will feel like they are one in a million and your strategy of making them feel special will collapse.
If you decide for email marketing than stick to it and make it work. If you have doubts about how many emails are appropriate to send to your customers. Just keep in mind that less is more. Ell everything you have to and if your customers will want to buy it, they will.