We start with an idea and we wish so hard for this idea to succeed. We invest our time and effort. We also invest our money, but then nothing really works out. Our strategies fail and we cannot help ourselves, but wonder where we went wrong. Maybe we overlooked an important step in our plan or maybe our plan was not good enough. It is possible that you have made several mistakes leading to your failure. Let us take a look where you went wrong. Just remember that you can always improve the situation.
- No knowledge of technology. You did not think about a certain situation and about the usage of the technology. You never heard about the optimization or for mobile friendly devices. You know nothing about SEO. If this is your problem, you should definitely learn more about certain topics. This is not ice age anymore, so you should get the hang of the technology as soon as possible or otherwise this will be your downfall.
- No planning or bad organization. You are constantly running out of time to do stuff. This is a truly bad sign. You should get organized and get you act together. Otherwise, you will not succeed in this business. It is important to find a balance between your personal life and your business. Even though you are working from your home, you should not procrastinate. Buy yourself a planner and plan everything. If your plan goes wrong and you do not achieve everything you should, try again and try harder. Maybe your first campaign will not be as successful as you thought it would be, but do not be disappointed. Try again and try to the very end. A good plan will help you with that.
- Wrong target audience. As I mentioned many times before, you should really check out your statistics about who is your target audience. You can help yourself with certain free tools like Google Analytics. If you miss your audience, your will go to hell. You should really pay attention to who is buying from you. Think about your product and figure out who is your target audience. If you are selling sweets, it is probably aimed for children. So do not try to advertise it for middle-aged population.
- Not posting regularly. If you post every once in a while, your readers will be disappointed. They want fresh content every day; otherwise, they will stop reading your blog. If you are running out of time to provide your readers with fresh content. You should post regularly. Set an hour for writing a post for your social media. Let it become your habit. Even if you are feeling like you cannot write a single word, you should try, because your business will fail if you do not do that.
- Thinking that you have no competition. If you think that, you are the one and only out there, you are wrong. There is a lot of competition out there. There are people who have better ideas than you do. You can redo one thing and you can make it perfect. You should not think that you are alone in the whole world of marketing. There is a lot of competition and you should try as hard as you can. Do not worry if you fail at certain points. We often think that we are invincible and that we cannot be beaten in our race. We should get down to Earth and realize that the competition is out there. This way we can study their habits and their strategies, and finally yet importantly overrule them in a certain field.
- Arguments with your competition. Just do not do it. Never get in fight with your competitors. It will only harm your business and it will come across as very nasty and not very mature. So, just do not do it. You followers may love drama, but it is not appropriate to do it. Your followers will realize that you are very immature and that you do not know how to handle thing like a professional.
- Setting yourself wrong goals. If you set yourself a goal that you will never be able to achieve, you are already setting yourself up for devastation. You should really think out what do you want to achieve. Do not set goals, just for the sake of setting them. Goals are a part of your plan and you should think about them as often as you do about your business. Every day visualize your goals in your mind and try to do something to make them true.
If you thought that you could not go wrong with your strategies, you can and you will. Be ready for a failure and you will be prouder of your success. Before you start doing anything, you should learn about everything. Be like a sponge and gather as much information about you start up as you can. Even if you fail, try repeatedly. It is important that you keep on going. Never give up in this business, because it can be very unpredictable. You may end up with a bad idea, but it can turn out great. Just do not overlook any details and do not think that you are the best out there. There are many obstacles you will have to face, but in the end it will be worth it.